Liability Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions:
WARNING: This is a legal document that affects your rights. It must be accepted by all competitors.
- I acknowledge that strongman competitions involve real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes.
- I understand that I should not compete in this event unless I have trained appropriately and my physical condition has been verified by a medical practitioner.
- By competing, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation which could result in loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their negligence and the negligence of others) for all injury, loss of damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event. This release shall extend to and include the Australian Strongman Alliance and their respective directors, partners, managers, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including medical and paramedical personnel appointed for the event, the owners, licensees and occupiers of land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted, any statutory body or local authority having control over any land upon which the event or any part of the event is conducted or which is involved directly or indirectly with the event in any manner whatsoever and promoters, sponsors and event organizers. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
- I consent to receiving any medical treatment including ambulance transportation that the event organizers think desirable during or after the event.
- I consent to event organizers using my name, image and likeness before, during or after the event for event promotional broadcasting or reporting purposes in any media.
- I understand that compulsory insurance cover affected for participants in this event may not cover me for any or all injury, loss or damage sustained by me.
- Safety precautions undertaken by organizers (such as equipment checks, athlete briefings, cordoned off areas, etc) are a service to me and other competitors but are not a guarantee of safety.
- I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions and any valuables at the event. I agree that after the promoted competition, I am fully responsible for any possessions I have left in the area. The Australian Strongman Alliance or any partnered businesses, organisations or licensees will not be liable for replacement of any personal possessions.
- If you need to withdraw from these competitions, refunds may be given depending on the terms and conditions of the competition you signed up to – please refer to your ticket.
- I have informed the promoter of my medical or physical conditions from which I suffer that might affect my performance or be relevant if medical treatment is needed. I accept the risk of competing despite these conditions.
- I agree to abide by all referee and supervisor directions and rules.
- Event organizers may change the event format, minimum weights or conditions at any time. If that occurs, this agreement applies to the changed conditions.
- I acknowledge and consent to photographs and electronic images being taken of me before, during or after the event by an official representative of the event organiser. I acknowledge and agree that such photographs and electronic images are owned by the event organiser and that the event organiser and event sponsors may use the image for promotional use. These images, my name and my event results may be used for reporting purposes or other purposes at any time by any form of media without my futher consent being necessary. The event organiser is not responsible for photographs and electronic images taken by persons who are not an official representative of the event organiser.